Sunday, October 25, 2009

Am starting a new blog today

Okay I'm saying it out loud... I am retired from graphic design (except for the occasional project from my friends at Creighton University.)

I thought about designing my new blog in the latest iteration of Word Press, but every time there is an update I fall behind in updating the code and things eventually stop working. I guess I just don't want to work that hard anymore to put my thoughts out there. The excitement of designing and creating my own blog has worn off and I just want to write and not worry about code updates. Blogger is an easy add to my Google lifestyle. Yes, I miss my PandaPause site, but there you go, stuff stopped working and eventually I could no longer post.

My new daily journal/blog is called "Through the looking glass" because I have always been a fan of Alice and her madcap adventures. This seemed appropriate for my own madcap reflections on being a wife, a daughter, a sister, a mom and a grandmother. I will also be reflecting on my adventures at my new career working in an elementary school and loving every minute. Who'd have thought it, I love working at Miller Park Elementary School.

I am also writing in earnest at www.Webook.com which is a community of writers and would-be published authors. I have met and joined a sub group there called The Crucible, who meet in a weekly round-table on Skype. We discuss writing, editing, ideas and push each other to meet goals in writing. They help me grow as a writer and I am excited to actually work at my writing, to make it better. It's a great group of serious writers and meeting new friends is truly an adventure, look out Rick, Jan, Bruce and Amber.

My current WeBook submissions include:
I am going to try to keep my political self at bay here. Even though I am truly a Centrist, I can become too passionate on certain Liberal views and thoroughly piss off the beloved Conservatives in my life. Let's just say, I love our President and I am not going to apologize for that.

Lastly, although I love the social aspect of Facebook and Twitter, it is a great time waster. I don't plan to quit either, but I am going to resolve to limit myself to two times a day on both of those sites. And what can I say about my other time-wasting hobby, poker... I've reached $1M on Facebook Poker and I continue to lose at PokerStars. UGH! It is super frustrating. I have to do something about that.

No comments: