Thursday, October 29, 2009

National Novel Writers Month (NaNoWriMo)

Rick has become this little voice I hear inside my head... ha ha inside joke. Kidding aside, he is very motivating for this voice that I just met a little over a week or so ago. He is pushing me outside my comfort zone and into writing with a goal in mind. He swears this will be a transformative experience and that I won't regret it.

Okay, he only had to push a little. He was very convincing.

So now I find myself officially committed to attempting to write 50,000 words in 30 days. What the hell?!

I had no freaking idea what to even write, but in telling him about my husband, Rick yelled out, "There's your story!" I had to stop and think about it for a second, but he was right. Jeff is the perfect basis for a character for my 50,000 word novel in a month.

Now I am excited. I literally could not get to the site fast enough http://www.nanowrimo.org/ to get myself officially entered in the grand experiment.

This will be a fun book to write because Jeff is my favorite person and although this will be a work of fiction, I can't wait to dedicate it to him. And the big "IF" I actually accomplish something that is worthy of publishing, I will be thanking that little voice in my head for the big push. I will probably thank him anyway for helping me to grow.

No comments: