Thursday, February 11, 2010

Waiting for the snow to melt

February is always a cold bleak month. By now the winter is old and we are weary of it. Snowfall even though beautiful, fluffy and clean, is an unwelcome sight. Maybe if I was an avid skier or snowmobiler I might find something to celebrate. But with every new snowfall, I find my eyebrows knitting together in disgust.

When? When will it be gone? I ache to see the sun and a little patch of green. I want feel a light warm breeze on my face while I go walking with my dogs instead of feeling the sharp bite of single digit temps and a wind that cuts through layers of clothes in minutes.

I find myself daydreaming about daffodils and tulips, crab apple blossoms, lilacs and freshly mowed grass. Spring cannot get here fast enough. I'll lament the fast passage of time later. But can I please thaw out soon?

No comments: