Monday, March 29, 2010

Menu challenges when you live with a carnivore

One of my dinner planning challenges is that I am trying to eliminate 99% of the meat I used to eat in my diet while my husband continues to eat a normal carnivore diet. I plan to use a lot more fish in my diet and indulge with an occasional bit of steak (like once a month). Bottom line, my cholesterol level MUST improve...or else.

Tonight's solution:

For Me: Sauteed in a little olive oil - zucchini sticks, red onion, sliced roasted red bell pepper, sliced sun-dried tomato. Served over a small portion of cooked and plated cheese tortellini. Garnish with fresh grated parmesan and toasted and crumbed garlic croutons.

For Jeff: After I removed the sauteed veggies (I left in a tiny portion to flavor the meat), I stir fried a sliced up link of Italian sausage in the same pan, picking up the flavors of the caramelized veggies. He got tortellini, topped it with the sausage (minus the zucchini that he thinks he hates) and continued the garnish of fresh grated parmesan and toasted and crumbed garlic croutons.

What an amazing solution that made us both very happy!

No comments: