Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Morning Dementia


It was quarter after seven as I was preparing to leave for work this morning. I poured myself a cup of coffee to take with me thinking how I hate wasting perfectly good coffee. I went through the house turning off the lights. I put on my jacket and gathered up my lunch and purse.

To my surprise, I went to grab my cup of coffee and it wasn't where I had left it. My forehead immediately produced those ugly frown lines between my eyes as I went off to backtrack my path through the house to discover where I had left my cup of coffee. My dogs were faithfully in my shadow as they accompanied me on my search. They broke into a run as they tried to keep up with me. We all ran into each other in the hallway when I did a quick turn around to go the opposite direction. I tried to de-tangle myself from the ball of legs and fur as I looked up at the clock frantically... it was now twenty-five after.

"Damn, Damn, Damn-it!" I screamed as I thumped down all of the stuff in my arms, back onto the dining room table (with a great deal of disgust mind you), so I could restart my search more thoroughly...only to discover my cup of coffee in my other hand.

I am now searching for my inner peace.

No comments: