Monday, May 10, 2010

Fried Mushrooms (or veggies)

Okay once in a while I splurge with a little something fried. Coming up with a dredging batter that is dairy-free and egg-free was my goal here.

1/2 cup whole grain rice flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup rice milk (I used Rice Dream)
Panko Bread Crumbs
9-12 large button mushrooms (or what ever mushroom/veggie you prefer)

Mix the rice flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add rice milk until desired thickness, add more if needed. Coat mushrooms in batter and finish in Panko Bread Crumbs.

Fry in canola oil until golden brown.

Serve with Sesame Ginger Sauce. (I used Organicville Sesame Teryaki sauce)

These were mouth watering delish!

Sweet potato slices were wonderful this way too!

No comments: