Saturday, July 3, 2010

Vacation Time and Gathering for the Fourth of July Weekend

Summer school is finally over and I have six full weeks of vacation to look forward to.

I'll be starting this out at my brother and sis-in-law's gathering today. Jerry is firing up the grill and barbecue (he is doing feather bones for everyone). I will be bring a few vegan choices to add to the table. I am making a chilled pasta with basil pesto, lemon, toasted pine nuts, diced cucumber and topped with chopped sun-dried tomatoes. I think some great chips and dips are in order as well. So I am making a black bean, tomato and green chili dip. I will also make a creamy hummus to bring along.

This morning I found a great banana bread recipe at: http://www.thekindlife.com/post/katie-bs-banana-breads. I twisted mine to use stuff I had on hand, so I added a mango and switched the agave syrup for palm sugar. The results were absolutely delish.


Looking forward to seeing Paul and his daughter Haley this weekend. They are on-route to Mike and Petra's and stopping here for the night. They catch a flight in the early morning. Jeff and I are really happy to have them over.

Then tomorrow night it should be lots of fun at Mike and Pam's for friendship, fun and food...not to mention great fireworks.

Hope you all have a great holiday.

No comments: