Saturday, August 7, 2010

Saturday Farmer's Market Cooking

I love our Omaha Farmer's Market down in the Old Market. I went with a list in my head and came back with everything except mustard greens.

When I got home, I went straight to the kitchen to make some guilt-free snacking, veggie chips out of kale and collard with olive oil, sesame seeds and sea salt.


Then I quartered up tomatoes, squeezed and seeded them, placed them cookie sheets with olive oil, herbs de provence, thyme and garlic. I then popped them into a 200° oven for a slow roast. When they are out of the oven, I packed them in olive oil, let them cool and refrigerated them. Got this recipe from Chef Keith Snow at Harvest Eating...my favorite online chef.




Next up is roasted eggplant and garlic that I will mash into a spread for the lovely sourdough baguette I picked up.

How do I love my market...let me count the ways. I wish you could smell my kitchen.

No comments: