Saturday, November 20, 2010

Another take on Oatmeal

Okay, so it is getting cold and oatmeal is my go to breakfast right now. The add-ins are endless and so I have to share my latest and greatest:

Quinoa & Oatmeal with Toasted Seeds and Dates

1. Toast up some pumpkin and sunflower seeds (and a few raisins LOL) in a skillet. This makes them aromatic and deliciously nutty. Do Not Burn!!!!

2. Chop up a few dates (I used 5) for some natural sweetness

3. Precook about 1/4 cup of Quinoa (rinsed) in a Pyrex measuring cup with about 1/2 cup water. I cook it in the microwave for about 4-5 minutes.

4. Cook 1/2 cup of Old Fashioned Oats in your favorite 2 quart pan with about 1 cup water and a sprinkle of salt. Add in the above ingredients.

5. Add your favorite flavorings: cinnamon, maple syrup whatever you like best. I also finish this with a little Almond Milk. Serve warm and get that instant "OMG! this is soooo good" feeling!

No comments: