Saturday, April 6, 2013

Craft Fairs are in my immediate future

I love craft fairs. I love to look and see all of the amazing creativity. I think most people enjoy art and craft fairs. They are fun.

At work we have been trying to think of fundraising ideas that actually make us some money to pay for things like team shirts and Student of Distinction shirts and awards etc. In the past we have had school carnivals and sadly barely broke even after buying all the prizes and renting the carnival equipment etc.

My co-worker Sharon and I have shared interests in crafting and really enjoy craft fairs. Other schools have very successful fairs as fundraisers. We thought it was a no-brainer to start our own Craft Fair and took the idea to our Principal. She said to go for it, so, like that we created a flyer, sent it out to all the schools and Craig's List and everywhere we could think to advertise for free.

 

Then we waited...and WOW! within a day we had our first table paid for and we were off. We are now past the original due date and are still getting people in to pay for tables. Our goal was 40 tables to earn $1000. We are nearly there at 33 tables. I think we will make it.

...and yes, I have paid for my own table to show my jewelry. Heather is going to help me. I can't wait.

Already we are making plans for our next craft fair.

No comments: